Nick Mason erhält CBE

• Nick Mason erhält CBE

Pink Floyd’s Nick Mason honoured for services to music
      The drummer, who co-founded the famous rock band, has been awarded a CBE.

Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason has been awarded a CBE for services to music in the New Year Honours list.
      The skilled percussionist featured on every album produced by the progressive rock group since he co-founded the band in 1965.
      Together with his bandmates, including David Gilmour and Roger Waters, Mason helped forge a new and commercially popular experimentalism in rock music.
      Mason, 74, has been made a CBE in recognition of his services to music throughout decades in the industry.
      He began drumming in bands alongside fellow Regent Street Polytechnic student Waters in the early 1960s, before they teamed up with keyboard player Richard Wright and frontman Syd Barret.
      From their debut album, The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, Pink Floyd gathered an adoring audience and achieved major commercial success.
      Mason was influenced by jazz music, which helped him provide the distinctive percussive elements to the band’s concept albums. He also had a hand in lyrics and co-wrote several songs, including Echoes.
      He still tours with his newly-formed band, Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets, and has indulged his passion for motor racing and Ferraris between touring commitments throughout his career.
      Craig Simpson, Press Association
      December 28 2018 12:14 PM

Was ist ein Commander of the British Empire (CBE)? CLICK!

ipanews_b1cadbd3-b1f2-4ef0-a1fb-d698f9ff4f3c_1.jpg
      Martin
      [Neccropole]

I don't need your tongue to cut me (Roger Waters)
    • @Gernot: Also jetzt mal kurz inhaltlich übersetzt:
      Er war bei der Premiere des dokumentarischen Spielfilms 'Spitfire' eingelanden, weil der Film - wie Mason sagt - von seinem Freund Mark Stewart produziert wurde (der Film hatte am 15. Juli 2018 Premiere). Er wird gefragt, warum die Leute noch immer so von diesem Flugzeug fasziniert sind und er sagt es wäre vermutlich die Kombination von dem, was das Flugzeug im Militär erreicht hat und der Perfektion der Maschine. Die Leute würden Perfektion lieben, egal ob es sich um einem Rennwagen oder ein Kampfflugzeug handeln würde. Und weil es der Film seines Freundes wäre, wäre er auch extrem wichtig - britischer Humor.

Dann wird er noch nach dem Apples & Oranges-Video gefragt und wie er die kürzliche Veröffentlichung nach all den Jahren findet. Es sagt, dass wir alle eine Faszination zur Vergangenheit hegen, ob es nun ein Film über ein Kampfflugzeug wäre oder - wie er sagt "eine lustige, alte Pop-Gruppe" - das wäre alles gutes Material.

Dann wird er noch nach seinen aktuellen Plänen gefragt und er äußert sich, dass er bald mit seiner eigenen kleinen Band in Europa unterwegs wäre und er hofft, dass alle eine wunderschöne Zeit haben.
      Martin
      [Neccropole]

I don't need your tongue to cut me (Roger Waters)