Roger tut was

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Patrick schrieb:

ob Waters am 20.03. zum 100 Geburtstag von Vera Lynn das Album veröffentlicht ?
      Wird er wohl nicht schaffen...

Hier ein aktueller Artikel aus UNCUT:

Roger Waters
      Title To be confirmed
      Label To be confirmed
      Release date: May

It’s a song cycle.

When ‘Uncut’ met Roger Waters in a chilly hotel ballroom in Knightsbridge during November 2015, he outlined his plans for his new album. „I wrote a long, rambling piece about an Irishman sitting drinking ‘Bushmills’ in a council house in Belfast“, he revealed. „It starts off with this speech. ‘It is the year of our fuckerish Lord 2013. The geese has gotten fat and been slaughtered more times that any of us can or care to remember. Our children and our grandchildren bend ceaseless over their i-This and i-FuckingThat. Time keeps slipping away.’ It turns out. He’s babysitting. The child wakes up. It’s having a nightmare. What’s the nightmare? ‘Grandpa, they’re killing the children.’ No they’re not. They haven’t been killing the children since the Troubles, 30 years ago. ‘Not here, grandpa. Over there.’ So the grandfather puts him back to sleep and says. ‘We’ll go and find out.’ The rest of the story is sort of a magic carpet journey all over the world to find the answer to that simple question: why are they – or why are we – killing the children?“

By this point, Waters had already debuted three new songs live – ‘Crystal Clear Brooks’, ‘Safe And Sound’ and ‘Lay Down Jerusalem (If I Had Been God)’. The last of the three, Waters explained, „begins. ‘If I had been God, I would have rearranged the veins in the face to make them more resistant to alcohol and less prone to ageing. If I had been God with my staff and rod, if I had been given the nod, I believe I could have done a better job.’ That’s a good way to start. ‘If I were a drone patrolling foreign skies with my electronic eyes for guidance and the element of surprise I’d be afraid to find someone at home, maybe a woman at a stove baking bread, making rice or just boiling down some bones, if I were a drone, lay down Jerusalem.’

„Theres a lot of different songs“, Waters continued. „A bit of narrative and then a song. It’s a song cycle.“ As ‘Uncut’ parted company with Waters, he confirmed his next step was „to figure out how to make this idea into an arena show so I can go back on the road once more.“

Since then, Waters has evidently been busy. Working in London and Los Angeles with Nigel Godrich – they met when the Radiohead producer mixed the sound on the ‘Roger Waters: The Wall’ concert film – the pair settled into a studio in LA in November 2016 to finish work on the record. Astonishingly, it will be Waters’ first new rock album since 1992’s ‘Amused To Death’. Never one to go back on his word, Waters has also devised a new stage show, billed as ‘Roger Waters: Us + Them’.

„It’ll be stuff from my long career. Stuff from my years with Pink Floyd, some new things.“ he explained, as he announced the tour. „Probably 75 per cent of it will be old material and 25 percent will be new, but it will be all connected by a general theme. It will be a cool show, I promise you. It’ll be spectacular like all my shows have been.“

It’ll be a typically formidable undertaking, running for at least six months across North America, with presumably more dates to follow. Waters’ management confirmed to ‘Uncut’ that this new album is scheduled for an early May [2017] release in advance of Waters’ first tour date in Kansas City on May 26 [2017].
      Martin
      [Neccropole]

I don't need your tongue to cut me (Roger Waters)
    • die ganze arbeit ist für die katz wenn man die beste roger waters platte " BODY " gehört hat .
      ich brauche keine moralistische texte da gefallen mir seine fürze auf BODY sehr gut :)
    • KatzenHai schrieb:

... wobei die Dark Side of the Moon 43 Minuten lang ist ...
      Wenn ich die Interviews von Roger lese, komme ich oft zu dem Schluß, dass ich sagen müsste: "Sorry, Rog - aber soooo war das damals nicht!" :D
      Aber er ist sich dieser Schwäche auch bewusst: Im Film 'Roger Waters The Wall' äußert er sich wie folgt: „Human memory is a fallible device. This is what we have to learn – and to act upon."
      Martin
      [Neccropole]

I don't need your tongue to cut me (Roger Waters)
    • Neccropole schrieb:

„Human memory is a fallible device. This is what we have to learn – and to act upon."
      Besonders, wenn man/n die 70 hinter sich gelassen hat und auf die 80 zugeht! :greis:

Der Soundschnipsel übrigens ist zwar nett, aber eigentlich nichtssagend, könnte tatsächlich aus vielen floydigen Stücken sein, wie z.B. Echoes ...
      ...aber wir, die wir in freudiger Album-Erwartung sind, nehmen ja jeden klanglichen Schnipsel gierig auf. :kh: