Roger tut was

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Neccropole schrieb:

... hier alles im Interview zur aktuellen Aufführung von 'Another Brick In The Wall - The Opera' in Toronto nachzulesen:
      Interessantes Interview, auch mit "Google Übersetzer" zu verstehen. Kanada wäre für mich eher eine Option, weil ja nicht USA und Mexico City, da ich nicht glaube (bzw. hoffe, wie Du @FloydFan), dass er sich Europa noch mal antut. Wie er selbst ja merkt, ist er trotz seiner guten Verfassung eben kein junger Mann mehr und kann nicht mehr solch gewaltige Tourneen leisten. Also vielleicht wirklich seine letzte Konzert-Tour.
      Das was er über 'Comfortably Numb' schreibt finde ich OK,

aber mal abwarten, wie es so weitergeht.

Gerade im Moment mache ich mal wieder Erfahrung, dass vieles anders kommt, als geplant/erwartet.
    • Neccropole schrieb:

Offensichtlich gab es im Juni eine Art Friedensangebot an David, was aber im Sande verlaufen ist.

Rolling Stone:
      I’m sure you were happy to hear that when David Gilmour sold his guitars this year, he donated the money to fighting climate change.

Waters:
      Oh, bless him. I think that’s a good thing. Good for him. [Pauses] I wish he’d let me advertise this movie on the Pink Floyd website. It’s not allowed. He censored it, and I’m not allowed to announce anything on it.

Rolling Stone:
      When was the last time you spoke to him?

Waters:
      We spoke in June. We had a big meeting where I came up with a big peace plan that has come to nothing, sadly.

Rolling Stone:
      I’m sorry to hear that.

Waters:
      I know you are. I bet all Pink Floyd fans are sorry to hear that. They all hoped that we could kiss and make up and everything would be wonderful in a cozy, wonderful world. Well, it wouldn’t be all that cozy or wonderful for me, because I left Pink Floyd in 1985 for a reason. The reason being that I wanted to get on with my work.

Ganzes Interview hier:

rollingstone.com/music/music-f…ilm-interview-889933/amp/
      Update hierzu: Polly stellt die Vorgänge um den "Großen Friedensplan" genau andersherum dar.
      forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads…54/page-167#post-22730413
    • KatzenHai schrieb:

so richtig konservativ war doch nie einer von denen ...

Vermutlich. Bis auf 1983 - da war David nicht besonders begeistert über die Tory- und Thatcher-kritischen Texte von Roger Waters zum Thema Falklands auf 'The Final Cut':

"what have we done
      Maggie what have we done
      what have we done
      to England

should we shout
      should we scream
      what happened to the post war dream?
      oh Maggie - Maggie what have we done?"

Hat er damals öfter mal anklingen lassen. Aber inzwischen haben ja schon viele Aktionen von David deutlich gezeigt, dass sie politisch nicht mehr soooo weit auseinanderliegen. Das ganze Brexit-Gedöns ist für Leute wie Gilmour und Waters, die ihr Leben lang durch die Welt gereist sind und viele Eindrücke von anderen Kulturen und Menschen sammeln konnten, vermutlich ohnehin völlig armselig...
      Martin
      [Neccropole]

I don't need your tongue to cut me (Roger Waters)
    • In einer persönlichen Videobotschaft wendet sich Roger Waters anlässlich des 30. Jahrestages des Mauerfalls an Mikhail Gorbachev um ihm für seine Bemühungen rund um das damalige politische Geschehen zu danken. Er spielt später auf seiner Gitarre "Wish You Were Here" mit dem Hinweis, dass ihm bekannt sei, wie sehr er seine Frau vermisst und dass dieses Lied daher vielleicht in einer Weise auch ihr gewidmet ist.

13055515_1007244792696757_5692836965609382752_n.jpg

Wall Museum East Side Gallery
      20. Dezember 2019

"Roger Waters sent us this touching video on the day of the thirty-year fall of the Berlin Wall to the former President of the Soviet Union, Mikhail Gorbachev, for his important role in the reunification of Germany!
      His music always finds its way into our hearts :) "

Meine Transcription:

Roger Waters: “President Gorbachev, I believe it's November the 5th.

I hope you are having a great day. Wish I could be there. Sadly I can't. Where to start expressing my huge love and respect?

Back in 1990, I was lucky enough to be invited by a great Englishman called Leonard Cheshire to put on my work ‘The Wall’ in Berlin too - in the aftermath of the great gift that you brought to us all, at that time, which was the taking down of the Berlin Wall. So I didn't meet you then. I met many people.

But the show was very significant to me and to many others, I believe, and I did finally get to meet you. However many years it was after that? It was in 2009. So it was 18 years later. Is that right? 1990 - 2009 that's ten years…, nineteen years later, we met at the ‘Cinema for Peace’ in Berlin where I was honored to be honored alongside you with contributing in some small way – in my case - to peace that you contributed in enormous way.

You were the "Father of Perestroika" and it was your forethought and humanity that saw a huge stride forward in the tearing down of walls in our lives. So I'm deeply honored to be able to send this message of love and respect to you on this important day.

And I'm going… see if I can stumble through as you can see we're somewhat Ace Robinson, here in the United States, ...but I will do my best - no fiddly bits. I know you miss your beloved wife and so maybe this is partly for her as well.

[Roger Waters sings and plays ‘Wish You Were Here’ on acoustic guitar]

Much love and respect, Sir!”
      Martin
      [Neccropole]

I don't need your tongue to cut me (Roger Waters)