Delicate Sound Of Thunder Audio

• Delicate Sound Of Thunder Audio

Also irgendwie ist dieses Album die ganzen Jahre an mir vorbei gegangen...nun habe ich es mir gestern zugelegt und bin sowas von begeistert...schande über mich das ich es all die jahre nicht aufn schirm hatte. Die Live Version von comfortably numb ist ja sowas von geil...das Schlagzeug und die Gitarren sind so intensiv...Wahnsinn. Für mich die geilste Live Version von meinem absoluten Lieblingslied. das musste ich mal los werdem.
    • waeller schrieb:

@Maverick

Ist das die gleiche wie diese hier?

2015 CMI Music unofficial expanded edition

Recorded live between 19th and 23rd August 1988 at Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, New York, USA
      Mixed by Buford Jones at EMI Abbey Road Studios, London.

dsot_front.jpgdsot_back.jpg
      Bin jetzt bei mir auf der Arbeit, muss ich erst heute Nachmittag nach sehen :D
      Was ich aber ausschließen kann, es ist nicht die die der Double Bubble im Posting hat... =O
    • Hier mal eine Info zur inoffiziellen Expanded Edition:

NOTES:
      First of all I must say that for me both post-Waters era live releases are excellent in terms of quality of the music/performance/recording.
      But both of them lack the completeness of actually performed material on these tours. So the P.U.L.S.E revision is the pipeline.

2 CD capacity (74 minutes x2) is enough to present the whole set list of these concerts, but unfortunately this opportunity wasn't used.
      2 LP record version was understandably shorter. So 8 (!!!) tracks were omitted from longest audio release of this album.

Longest VHS / LD video companion (UK version omits 'Money') is shorter than 2CD set but it features 4 tracks which were omitted from audio version.
      In my point of view it was strange decision to cut such key track as SOYCD down to Part I only and add 'Signs Of Life' after that (track of the similar vibe) and 'On The Run' instead of proper songs such as 'Another Brick In The Wall'.

What is really sad that 'Welcome To The Machine' was completely omitted from all versions by unknown reason. As well as 'A New Machine/Terminal Frost' medley from the first set.

So here is my attempt to merge all released material under 'Delicate Sound Of Thunder' title into one expanded set:

1. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (21th August)
      Unaltered CD version crossfaded with following track.
      Both tracks were merged using soundboard recording of the 21st August show as a reference.

2. Signs Of Life (21th August / ??? composite - edited)
      US LD version crossfaded with previous track. See above.

3. Learning To Fly (21th August)
      As this track is crossfaded with 'Signs Of Life' on video companion, switch back to CD source was done after the first chorus.

4. Yet Another Movie (21th August / 19th August composite)
      Unaltered CD source.

5. Round And Around (21st August / 19th August composite)
      As this track and the following one 'Sorrow' unfortunately were crossfaded on CD, but were presented separately on LP version (and performed in concerts) I made a decision to restore the separation using LP source.
      So the last 15 seconds of the track is from the LP source. By the way, this track duration on CD is 20 seconds shorter due to this crossfade.

6. Sorrow (23th August - edited)
      First 15 seconds of the track is from LP source crossfaded with CD source. By the way the actual length of the song was shortened for CD and even more for LD by editing the guitar solo parts.

7. The Dogs Of War (21st August / 20th August composite - edited intro)
      Unaltered CD source.

8. On The Turning Away (21st August - edited)
      As versions on CD and LD feature different guitar solo edits of the full length performance, I made a composite of CD and US LD source to create the most complete version of this song.
      Now the duration of this track is 55 seconds longer than the CD edit version. Now it's almost complete. I used 21st August show sounboard recording as the reference.

9. One Of These Days (22nd August / 23th August composite - edited)
      Unaltered CD source.

10. Time (19th August - edited guitar/roto-toms intro)
      Unaltered CD source with the exception of the final chord which is from US LD source. It was made to preserve the original transition into the next track.
      It's important to note that video version of this track feature guitar/roto-toms intro from different night.

11. On The Run (??? - edited)
      Unaltered US LD source. Date of the used performance is unknown for me by now as I still didn't complete the analysis process. And it's really hard for this track.

12. The Great Gig In The Sky (21st August 1988)
      Perfect performance by all the girls. First part is taken from US LD source. Starting with the last drum kick there's a switch into UK LD source.
      It was made to preserve the original transition to the next track. US LD has fade in/out after this track caused by the side change. UK LD has side change before this track.

13. Wish You Were Here (23th August 1988)
      UK LD source for the intro of the song. Switch to CD source made with the start of the drumming.

14. Us And Them (23rd August / ???)
      Unaltered CD source.

15. Money (23th August / 21st August / ??? composite - edited)
      Unaltered CD source.

16. Another Brick In The Wall (part 2) (21st August / 19th August composite)
      Unaltered CD source.

17. Comfortably Numb (23th August - edited)
      Unaltered CD source. The actual length of the song was shortened for CD and even more for LD by editing the guitar solo parts.

18. One Slip (23th August / ??? composite - edited)
      Unaltered US LD source.

19. Run Like Hell (23st August / ??? - edited intro)
      CD version of this song feature almost complete performance. Several delayed guitar licks in the intro were omitted.
      LD version use one more delayed guitar lick in the intro, also there's a different ending with explosion from different night.
      I made a decision to use CD source with aditional guitar lick added from UK LD source.

Conclusion:
      Now this version is about 15 minutes longer than the usual CD version and represents these concerts much better.
      Note that the main aim of this edition is to merge all officially released Nassau Coliseum 1988 recordings into one expanded set.
      So I didn't use other shows to restore missing tracks or edited pieces. It was done several years ago by other Pink Floyd enthusiasts...
    • Martin73 schrieb:

Also irgendwie ist dieses Album die ganzen Jahre an mir vorbei gegangen...nun habe ich es mir gestern zugelegt und bin sowas von begeistert...schande über mich das ich es all die jahre nicht aufn schirm hatte. Die Live Version von comfortably numb ist ja sowas von geil...das Schlagzeug und die Gitarren sind so intensiv...Wahnsinn. Für mich die geilste Live Version von meinem absoluten Lieblingslied. :thumbsup: das musste ich mal los werdem.
      Gleich gegoogelt und für richtig befunden. Habe mir spontan die DVD bestellt. Klingt, IMHO, nicht so pompös barock wie auf PULSE. Das war mir immer zu aufgeblasen. Oberhausen (und Waters DSOTM-Tour) hatten (nach Floyd) die richtige Mischung. Waters die spannendere Show-Gilmour den Floyd Sound!
    • Stimmt-aber immer noch besser als MP3 (128kb) und/oder mein Plattenspieler aus den 70ern. :thumbsup: Ich finde die CD/DVD/BlueRay Qualität heutzutage mehr als ausreichend. Und ein Bootleg ist es ja nicht.