Endlich die Early Years Box?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• SpaceCowboy schrieb:

Hoffentlich wird auch das Originalvideo veröffentlicht. Dieses nachträgliche Montieren von aktuellen Aufnahmen in (nun fast 50 Jahre alte) Videos war schon bei der Live At Pompeii DVD der letzte Schmu. Da lass ich auch immer den Directors Cut links liegen...
      Ja das hoffe ich auch!
    • RonToon:

On July 28th I received a PM from Guy Incognito on another forum. I don’t know who Guy is and he had only become a forum member a few weeks before contacting me. He wrote a long message that contained a lot of behind-the-scenes insight that lent credibility to his story. Before continuing it’s important to understand that the author of this PM could not be identified and none of his information has been officially confirmed.

Guy alleged that James Guthrie was responsible for stopping the 5.1 of Meddle and Obscured By Clouds mixes from being released. He made it seem that Guthrie didn’t know that these mixes were being done and was angry when he found out about them (which was probably close to when the official announcement for the box set was supposed to happen). That’s it in a nutshell and I believe this to be true. But Guthrie’s ego and hurt feelings alone wouldn’t be enough to get them to halt production and change all the marketing info which I’m sure cost them plenty. I’m assuming that he must have been contracted to do the work sometime in the past (perhaps having exclusive control over the entire catalog?) and he could rightfully be losing work/income that he was hired to do. In any case, if this is true then he’s the one who’s holding these 5.1 mixes hostage at the moment.
    • RonToon:

My sources are solid. I never claimed that my info came from 'someone who knows someone said this to someone else' stories. Each member, including Rick's estate, had the power to veto any of the content in this box. Roger vetoed the 5.1 mixes on Guthrie's insistence, that's the bottom line. Believe my info or don't, I don't really care and it doesn't change the Facts.
    • RonToon:

I offered all the info I had. To recap -

1) Everyone involved with this release appeared to be thrilled about the new 5.1 mixes. I have no details regarding how they sound or what was done.
      2) Fenwick was supposed to send the mixes to Roger for approval but instead had them sent to Guthrie.
      3) Guthrie disapproved of these mixes. Why? I don't know but can guess.
      - He was asked to do them a while back and they never thought he'd get around to it. Now he resents the fact that Jackson did them. And he stated that he was looking forward to doing Meddle
      - Guthrie would have taken a different approach and didn't like what Jackson did.
      - Guthrie is getting very territorial considering all the recent 5.1 mixes done by Jackson.
      - Jackson doing these mixes would mean a loss of income for Guthrie.
      4) Guthrie complained to Roger about these new 5.1 mixes.
      5) Waters, holding Guthrie in high regard, vetoed their inclusion in this and any future releases.

Also, Fenwick held off sending these mixes right up until the official release announcement and Waters nixed them at the 11th hour. The promotion material, contents, liner notes, etc. all had to be changed at the last minute which I'm certain cost them a lot of money. Guthrie is definitely in the dog house with the band and their management at the moment.

There's obviously more details to this story and two sides to the coin. I'm not looking to lay blame on Guthrie. Those are pretty much the facts as I know them.

• Childhood's End, from Pink Floyd's seventh album Obscured By Clouds, has
      been remixed from the original master tapes in 2016 by Andy Jackson and
      Damon Iddins.

In February 1972, the band were already playing
      The Dark Side Of The Moon live and starting to record its songs, but
      production was briefly halted when they accepted their second commission
      for filmmaker Barbet Schroeder, to create the soundtrack for his
      feature film La Vallée.

In the last week of February 1972, Pink Floyd started work, at Strawberry Studios in Herouville, France, and as
      David Gilmour later described: “We sat in a room, wrote, recorded, like a
      production line.” The result was 10 pieces of music: six songs and four
      instrumentals, which Melody Maker described as “some of the most
      aggressive instrumentals the Floyd have recorded.”

David Gilmour’s Childhood's End was one of the few songs from the soundtrack
      to be included in Pink Floyd's live shows and was featured on European
      dates, starting on December 1, 1972, and at the start of the band's
      March 1973 tour of North America, usually with an extended instrumental
      passage.