Pink Floyd The Wall in der Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Cleveland, USA

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Pink Floyd The Wall in der Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Cleveland, USA

Nachdem die Ausstellungsstücke schon seit Jahren der Sonne ausgesetzt waren, die Farben verblichen und alles eingestaubt war, müssen die Artefakte nun restauriert werden und werden vor Ort wohl erst wieder Anfang 2018 zu sehen sein - dann zwar frisch, jedoch nicht wie neu - die Alterspatina soll erhalten bleiben.

Conservation Project: Pink Floyd's The Wall

How does the Rock Hall preserve music's history for future generations of rock fans?

By carefully maintaining artifact integrity through restoration and conservation work. Our curatorial team works with many artists and other doners to secure items for display but must also conduct research for restoration. It's a balance - the item should not lose it's "patina, the battle scars," says Jun Francisco, our Director of Collections Management at the Rock Hall.

Take our most recent restoration project in the works - Pink Floyd's replica stage props The Wall, inflatable Teacher, Roger Dolby and the Pinks. Housed on level 4 at the Rock Hall, The Wall and co. have been displayed for many years and were recently uninstalled for conservation work. In the video below, Francisco details the work needed for each item, as well as the methods the curatorial team uses for evaluating and addressing specific conservation needs.

After the conservation work is completed, The Wall, Teacher and the other items will return to the Rock Hall at the end of 2017/early 2018.

Rock's history connects us: For fans now and generations to come, we're preserving the items that keep the stories alive.

Watch the full interview below.

Martin
      [Neccropole]

I don't need your tongue to cut me (Roger Waters)
    • Gernot schrieb:

der Teacher hat starke Ähnlichkeit mit Thomas Dolby 1990 in Berlin.
      Der ist tatsächlich Thomas Dolby nachgebildet. Bis auf die Mauer und den aufblasbaren Teacher sind diese Figuren - also auch die 'Pink'-Figuren Eigentum von Roger Waters. Geht aus dem Video hervor.
      Martin
      [Neccropole]

I don't need your tongue to cut me (Roger Waters)